SHEILA MALCOLMSON AT THE UN COMMISSION FOR STATUS OF WOMEN
March 12th, 2018 - 12:10pm
NEW YORK - NDP Critic for Women's Equality, Sheila Malcolmson (Nanaimo-Ladysmith), will participate in the 62nd session of the UN Commission for Status of Women from March 12th to 16th 2018 in New York as part of the Canadian delegation.
At the conference, Sheila Malcolmson will focus on actions the Liberal government has failed to take, including:
* Legislating and funding of pay equity
* Creating a universal affordable childcare program
* Ending violence against women
* Eliminating barriers to women's economic security
* Implementing government human rights obligations towards Indigenous women
As part of their budget submission, Sheila Malcolmson, along with NDP Finance Critic, Peter Julian, sent the following letter to Finance Minister Bill Morneau.