Request Assistance

As your Member of Parliament, Tracey and her team are working hard to serve the people of Essex. For help navigating and resolving issues with the federal government, Tracey’s Community Office team is available to assist residences with departments, programs and services, including:

  • Canada Pension Plan (CPP)

  • Canada Revenue Agency (CRA)

  • Canadians Travelling Abroad

  • Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC)

  • Employment Insurance (EI)

  • Government of Canada Programs and Services

  • Old Age Security Program (OAS)

  • Parliamentary Business

PLEASE NOTE: To ensure that a staff member will be able to assist you in a timely manner, it is always best to call ahead and make an appointment before visiting the community office. If there is no one available to take your call immediately, please leave your name, postal code, and call back number along with a brief message regarding the reason for your call. Every effort is made to returns calls promptly.

The constituency office may be able to provide referrals to community resources to assist you. However, they cannot assist directly with matters that are before a court of law, or an appeal board.


Canada Pension Plan (CPP)

For information about general retirement benefits, please go to the CPP general benefits section.

For information about CPP Disability eligibility and benefits, please go the CPP Disability section.


Canada Revenue Agency (CRA)

For general information, please visit the Canada Revenue website. Most of the Canada Revenue forms and tax credit applications are available at CRA Forms and Publications.

If you have other tax issues, such as Child Tax Benefit or Disability Tax Credit issues, you can contact the office for assistance.


Canadians Travelling Abroad

Preparing in advance can help prevent serious and costly problems for you and your family, allowing everyone to enjoy their vacation. If you are thinking of planning a trip abroad, remember to:

  • BRING YOUR PASSPORT: Your passport is the only proof of your Canadian citizenship and identity that is accepted in all countries. You and every family member should have a valid passport if you plan on travelling outside Canada.

  • VERIFY REQUIREMENTS: Permission to enter another country is the sole prerogative of that country. Verify in advance whether your destination country or countries require a visa for entry, and apply well in advance.

  • GET TRAVEL INSURANCE: It’s always better to be prepared for any possible outcome. Ensure you and your family are covered by applying for travel insurance before you travel abroad.

In the event of an EMERGENCY abroad, the Department of Foreign Affairs’ Emergency Operations Centre is open 24/7. It offers emergency assistance in the case of and for Canadian citizens in need of emergency consular services while abroad.

For more information please visit


Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC)

If you are looking for information about immigrating to Canada or for visas for work, studying, and visiting, please visit the CIC website.

The CIC receives tens of thousands of applications every year. The processing times on these applications can vary greatly depending on application class and location. We encourage constituents to check current processing times before contacting our office to seek an update on an application.

If you are a constituent who has sponsored or made an immigration application, you can obtain their your status updates through CIC’s online service at Client Application Status or by calling the national CIC Call Centre Service at 1-888-242-2100

PLEASE NOTE: Tracey’s office cannot speed up the processing of an immigration application, nor obtain special updates on immigration files which are within normal processing times and standards.

If you are looking for information on refugees and what you can do to help, please visit our page Helping Refugees (coming soon).


Employment Insurance (EI)

Employment Insurance provides temporary financial assistance for unemployed Canadians while they look for work or upgrade their skillsets. Canadians who are sick, pregnant, or caring for a newborn or adopted child, as well as those who must care for a family member who is seriously ill with a significant risk of death, are also eligible for EI assistance.

Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC) is responsible for providing all Canadians with the tools they need to thrive and prosper in an inclusive labour market. Please visit ESDC’s EI website. You may also complete your EI reports online by going to EI’s Internet Reporting Service.

If you are experiencing unusually long delays or difficulties in filing your EI claim, you can contact our office for assistance.

PLEASE NOTE: if you are filing an appeal on an EI claim decision, our office cannot assist with the preparation of, nor intervene in, the appeal process.


Government of Canada Programs and Services

If you are interested in finding information on government programs and services, information can be found by:


Old Age Security Program (OAS)

The Old Age Security program is a pillar of many Canadians retirement plans. It provides you with a modest pension beginning at age 67 if you have lived in Canada for at least 10 years.

Please note that in 2012, the Conservative government raised the age of eligibility from 65 to 67.

If you are a low-income earner, you may be eligible for other benefits as early as age 60. For detailed information, please visit the OAS website.


Parliamentary Business

Information on Parliament can be found at the Parliamentary website.